Any additional equipment or amenities being brought to a picnic reservation must abide by the conditions outlined. Failure to adhere to these conditions could result in permit revocation, removal from the preserve, and suspension from future use of the Forest Preserve District of Will County property.
- Generators: Limit of 2.
- Extra tables and/or chairs: Must stay in vicinity of the shelter.
- 10x10 tents: Must stay in vicinity of the shelter.
- Portable latrines: Limit of 1. Must be placed in the parking lot without blocking any ADA parking.
- Additional grills or smokers: Any grill or smoker on a trailer must remain in the parking lot.
- Live music not being played through a speaker: Music must not be audible beyond the vicinity of the shelter.
Any inflatable bounce house being brought to the preserve must be provided by a District Approved Vendor:
- The Fun Ones: 630-495-3200
257 Commonwealth Drive, Carol Stream, IL 60188
- Channahon General Rental, Inc.: 815-467-0173
24138 S Municipal Dr., Channahon, IL 60410
- Bounce City Party Rentals, Inc.: 708-829-2652
14517 Samuel Adams Drive, Plainfield, IL 60544
- Funtime Services: 630-922-6100
1536 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60540
- Kid N’ Play Inflatables: 708-200-5683
2936 193rd St., Lansing, IL 60438
- Plainfield Party: 815-267-3902
14730 S Naperville Road, Plainfield, IL 60544
- Happy Bouncers Party Rentals: 815-272-4213
442 Arnold Avenue, Romeoville, IL 60446
- Just 4 Jumps: 219-779-0411
3491 East 84th Place, Merrillville, IN 46410
- TheJumperStore.com: 815-570-9777
16525 W. 159th St., Lockport, IL 60441
Inflatables must be placed in an open grassy area and are not to interfere with tree limbs or any other structure of the Forest Preserve. Inflatables are allowed at all shelters. Only one per permit. No water inflatables.
DJs and amplified music (including live music attached to speakers) are allowed only at the following shelters. Live music not attached to a speaker is allowed at any shelter.
- Ballou Road Access Shelter – Forked Creek Preserve – Wilmington
- Crumby Recreation Shelter – Hammel Woods Preserve – Shorewood
- Forsythe Creek Shelter – Forked Creek Preserve – Wilmington
- Gougar Road Access Shelter – Hadley Valley Preserve – Joliet
- I&M Canal Access Shelter – Lower Rock Run – Joliet
- Kankakee Sands Shelter – Kankakee Sands – Braidwood
- Roy Hassert Grove Shelter – Veteran’s Woods – Romeoville
- Trader’s Corner – Veteran’s Woods – Romeoville
Food/beverage trucks are allowed at all shelters. Only one truck per permit. The truck must be parked in the parking lot without blocking any accessible parking spots. The sale of alcohol is prohibited.
District approved vendors have provided insurance and health department documents to the District. Those vendors are:
- Lil Deb’s Mobile
401 S Larkin Ave., Joliet, IL 60436
Phone: 815-955-6781 | www.lildebsexpresseats.com
- Tacos Maui
1913 S Chicago St., Unit E, Joliet, IL 60436
Phone: 815-919-9792 | [email protected] | www.tacozmaui.com
- MiaBella’s Wood Fired Pizza and Catering
417 Jeanette St., Herscher, IL 60941
Phone: 815-435-5009 | [email protected] | www.miabellascatering.com
- Rogue Farm to Curbside Kitchen
24032 Lockport St., Plainfield, IL
Phone: 815-436-8997 or 708-250-9860 | [email protected] | www.rogueck.com
- Life’s a Slice
Phone: 708-306-6101 | [email protected] | www.facebook.com/Lifesaslice
- Smokin' Z BBQ
Phone: 815-919-6142 | [email protected] | www.smokinzbbq.com
- Grumpy Gaucho
214 N. River St., Montgomery, IL 60538
Phone: 630-447-9250 | [email protected] | www.grumpygaucho.com
If a permittee would like to use a food/beverage truck vendor not found on the list, the permit holder must submit a certificate of insurance from the food/beverage vendor verifying comprehensive general liability insurance in effect as of the date of the event indemnifying the District in limits not less than $1,000,000.00, combined single limit. The certificate of insurance must specifically name the Forest Preserve District of Will County (17540 W. Laraway Rd. Joliet, IL 60433) as an "Additional Insured." Certificate should be sent to [email protected] no later than 2 business days prior to the party.
- Water slides, water inflatables, and water balloons
- Dunk tanks
- Tents larger than 20x20
- Live animal entertainment
- Mechanical bulls
- Climbing walls
- Alcoholic beverage sales (alcohol can be served but not sold).
For more information about adding additional amenities to a permit, please call 815-722-5894.